M, #452, (1866 - 1915)
|Father||Thomas Greenwood (c 1831 - 1916)|
|Mother||Hannah Fort (1834 - 1901)|
Children of Edward Greenwood and Margaret Priscilla Moser
1 In July 1886 Edward enlisted in the British Army, the Duke of Wellington's West Riding Regiment.2 Edward was stationed in Halifax, Nova Scotia, from 22 Sep 1888 to 8 March 1891. Edward was discharged from the British Army on July 25, 1898.3
- Grandfather of John Greenwood Cordes
Edward Greenwood was born on 25 May 1866 in Todmorden, Yorkshire, England. He married Margaret Priscilla Moser, daughter of John Henry Moser and Margaret Ann MacDonald, on 28 May 1895 in Todmorden, Yorkshire, England. Edward Greenwood died on 13 August 1915 in Salford Royal Hospital, Salford, Manchester, Lancashire, England, at age 49. He was buried on 17 August 1915 at St. John the Evangelist Churchyard, Broughton, Manchester, Lancashire, England; Grave No. 36, Row B2 North -- I am looking for a photo of the gravestone.
- [S748] Ancestry: West Yorkshire Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906: Todmorden, St Mary, Yorkshire, England.
- [S642] Attestation Paper of Edward Greenwood, West Riding Regiment, 27 July 1886.
- [S643] Discharge Paper of Edward Greenwood, West Riding Regiment, 25 July 1898.
- [S641] British Census 1871 (Ancestry.com, 2 Apr 1871).
- [S3426] British Census 1901 , 1901 England Census, Class: RG13, Piece: 3723, Folio: 119, Page: 41
Broughton, Salford, Lancashire, Household No. 236
Household Members: Edward Greenwood, Margaret Greenwood, Muriel Greenwood, Edna Greenwood.
- [S635] Ancestry.com, British Census 1911.
Capt. George Francis Shellnutt
M, #455, (c 1824 - 1879)
|Father||Capt. George Shellnutt1 ( - 1850)|
Children of Capt. George Francis Shellnutt and Margaret Ann Smith
Capt. George Francis Shellnutt was born circa 1824. He married Margaret Ann Smith, daughter of Thomas Smith and Catherine Fraser, on 14 January 1862. Capt. George Francis Shellnutt died in 1879 in Necum Teuch, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- [S337] E-mails from Wayne Shellnutt to John Cordes.
David Henry Moser
M, #477, (1834 - )
|Father||George H. Moser (1801 - 1874)|
|Mother||Maria Webber (1809 - 1868)|
Children of David Henry Moser and Catherine Ann Webber
- 1st cousin 2 times removed of John Greenwood Cordes
David Henry Moser was born in 1834. He married Catherine Ann Webber in 1866 in Halifax, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada.1
- [S338] Nova Scotia Historical Vital Statistics, online https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/, Birth: Alexander Isaac (?) Moser, 3 Dec. 1866, Moser River.
- [S340] Online image of the Federal Census, transcribed by JG Cordes, for Smith's Cove, Halifax County, Nova Scotia (1891 Census of Smith's Cove, Halifax County, http://johncordes.ca/genealogy/census/smithscove1891.html).