M, #452, (1866 - 1915)
|Father||Thomas Greenwood (c 1831 - 1916)|
|Mother||Hannah Fort (1834 - 1901)|
Spouse: Margaret Priscilla Moser (23 October 1867 - 4 February 1946)
1 In July 1886 Edward enlisted in the British Army, the Duke of Wellington's West Riding Regiment.2 Edward was stationed in Halifax, Nova Scotia, from 22 Sep 1888 to 8 March 1891. Edward was discharged from the British Army on July 25, 1898.3
- Grandfather of John Greenwood Cordes
Edward Greenwood was born on 25 May 1866 in Todmorden, Yorkshire, England. He married Margaret Priscilla Moser, daughter of John Henry Moser and Margaret Ann MacDonald, on 28 May 1895 in Todmorden, Yorkshire, England. Edward Greenwood died on 13 August 1915 in Salford Royal Hospital, Salford, Manchester, Lancashire, England, at age 49. He was buried on 17 August 1915 at St. John the Evangelist Churchyard, Broughton, Manchester, Lancashire, England; Grave No. 36, Row B2 North -- I am looking for a photo of the gravestone.
- [S748] Ancestry: West Yorkshire Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906: Todmorden, St Mary, Yorkshire, England.
- [S642] Attestation Paper of Edward Greenwood, West Riding Regiment, 27 July 1886.
- [S643] Discharge Paper of Edward Greenwood, West Riding Regiment, 25 July 1898.
- [S641] British Census 1871 (Ancestry.com, 2 Apr 1871).
- [S635] British Census 1911.
Capt. George Francis Shellnutt
M, #455, (c 1824 - 1879)
|Father||Capt. George Shellnutt1 ( - 1850)|
Spouse: Margaret Ann Smith (18 October 1839 - 17 May 1920)
Capt. George Francis Shellnutt was born circa 1824. He married Margaret Ann Smith, daughter of Thomas Smith and Catherine Fraser, on 14 January 1862. Capt. George Francis Shellnutt died in 1879 in Necum Teuch, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- [S337] E-mails from Wayne Shellnutt to John Cordes.
David Henry Moser
M, #477, (1834 - )
|Father||George H. Moser (1801 - 1874)|
|Mother||Maria Webber (1809 - 1868)|
Spouse: Catherine Ann Webber
David Henry Moser and Catherine Ann Webber appeared on the 1891 Census of Smiths Cove, Halifax County, enumerated 6 April 1891, David Moser. Their children Alexander Isaac, Olive Mary, Alice Rebecca and Edith were listed as living with them.1 David Henry Moser and Catherine Ann Webber appeared on the 1891 Census of Smiths Cove, Halifax County, enumerated 6 April 1891. Their children Alexander Isaac, Olive Mary, Alice Rebecca and Edith were listed as living with them.1
- 1st cousin 2 times removed of John Greenwood Cordes
David Henry Moser was born in 1834. He married Catherine Ann Webber in 1866 in Halifax, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, Canada.2
- [S340] Online image of the Federal Census, transcribed by JG Cordes, for Smith's Cove, Halifax County, Nova Scotia (1891 Census of Smith's Cove, Halifax County, http://johncordes.ca/genealogy/census/smithscove1891.html).
- [S338] Nova Scotia Historical Vital Statistics, online https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/, Birth: Alexander Isaac (?) Moser, 3 Dec. 1866, Moser River.